Sunday 5 January 2014

Why??

2nd April,2010- I bought my first smart phone, well at that time Nokia 5233 was definitely a smart phone! That was what I bought with my first salary. Needless to say, I was ecstatic. By April,2011 I had dropped my phone so many times that it looked like it would die any moment. Somewhere around the same time I laid my eyes on Samsung Galaxy S2. Checking out the price, my mind said, "Well, your monthly pay is less than the price of the phone!". I changed cities, got a hike though minimal and finally by the time I resigned from my first job, I bought myself  a Samsung phone. Nope not S2 but S3. I had contemplated between many brands but my love for Samsung stood out. My happiness knew no bounds when I got this phone. I was so badly addicted to it like I had never been to anything else. I was constantly clicking pictures anywhere I went. Owing to this, I had a new found interest in photography. And thus was born the urge to own a DSLR. But where was the money, given the fact that I am a shopaholic and can never manage to save anything by the end of the month. Well, finally my prayers were answered and after a lot of research and consultation, I bought the Nikon D3200. To say the truth I haven't got much time to play around with it afterwards. 

So I sit here now and think what happens after we achieve what we wanted. Why doesn't the feeling of euphoria stay with us forever. It feels like the world before you have it and once it is yours, nothing! So is it just the thought of possessing something that drives us to do what we do? Or is it something else?  

I am always happy after achieving something, but after that I want something else. That's the eternal cycle what life is all about I think. We live our life in these small goals and achievements and are motivated to better ourselves daily. The day I wake up and feel I have got everything I wanted, what will I do through the day? Today I want to see all the famous movies, read all books by the different great authors, travel to a new place every year, learn to cook varied cuisine dishes and so on and so forth and I hope I add new things to this list everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment